Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Things I'm Loving About My New Home

We're settling in slowly to the new house. Things are coming together - but not very fast! The garage is still filled with boxes. The playroom is still half filled with boxes. There's a lot we can't find. But it's coming together!

Meanwhile, here are a few pictures of some of the things I love about our new home...

I love the outlook from my sunny kitchen table (which is a good thing too as I spend a lot of time here!). We eat here, I make phone calls here, I work here, I supervise homework here...


I love some (but not all!) of the lampshades the previous owners left behind...this is one of the good ones but there are a few I need to get rid of too! 


I love the stained glass window in our lounge room - so pretty! 


I also love sitting by the fireplace in our lounge room on these chilly winter evenings...


For years now, I haven't really done baths - as much as I love to do it, I haven't really had the time to lie around soaking in bubbles. (NB I do still wash though - I just use the shower!). But we now have an extra long (1.8 m) claw foot bath and I have already managed three indulgent, long soaks since we moved in! Bliss....


Outside, I love the knarly old Pohutakawa tree outside our bedroom window - the kids love to climb it, and the Tuis love to sing in it, but I just like it to look at it.


I love the views of the mountains all around us....


And I love my flourishing herb garden - there's plenty of rosemary, thyme, sage, bay and basil to last me a lifetime!


3 comments:

  1. That stained window is indeed captivating! It makes a wonderful decor too and will standout in your lounge. What I like best about having windows is that they give me the chance to enjoy the wonderful view outside even by just staying indoors. It feels relaxing to just stare at the window and see the beauty that awaits outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -I agree with Allyson. Your kitchen table, for example, is a place where you do a lot of work. Thus, it needs to have a good and relaxing ambiance. Your glass doors provide the much needed ambiance, making your tasks easier to do. Thanks for sharing!

    Willene Fagen @Roofing and More INC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who wouldn't love that fascinating stained window? It's awesome. You're lucky to have that in your lounge. In case you're up to some remodeling projects, I suggest you add stained windows on your home. Well, that's if you find it appropriate to add one. Great house, guys. I love it. :)

    Rolf Matchen @ NVRoofs.com

    ReplyDelete