Monday, January 27, 2014

Native Garden

Our back garden may not yet be quite as I want it, but I do love our front garden. It's packed full of pretty much all native plants and now we've reached the summer it's blooming full of colour - just beautiful!

This yellow flax is so pretty and attracts plenty of Tuis to the garden.


Our Crimson Bottlebrush tree also attracts the Tuis - and plenty of bees too, which isn't always such a good thing as I managed to tread on one last week and ended up having an ambulance ride due to a dodgy reaction (all ok now, but will be ALWAYS wearing shoes outside from now on).


In fact our Bottlebrush tree, and the Red Robin bush next to it, standing side by side are looking quite stunning at the moment...


We've got some cute native grasses out the front as well, I think they're miniature Toi Toi...


And I know Agapanthas are considered to be a weed by many, but to me they're a classic symbol of a New Zealand summer, and I won't be pulling ours out!


But the centrepiece of our front garden this summer is without a doubt our lovely Pohutakawa Tree...it's been in full bloom since Christmas and is looking absolutely stunning. LOVING my garden!





No comments:

Post a Comment