Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Watery Kind of February

February is usually one of the hottest and driest months of the year in NZ. So when I say it's been a very watery month, I don't mean we've had a lot of rain - I actually mean it's been hot and we've been cooling off in the water alot! 

Sometimes we've done this in our own backyard by throwing water balloons at each other and putting the hose pipe on one another....although how I always seem to end up wetter than the kids I still can't understand??



Sometimes the kids have got the waterslide out (but there's no way I'm getting on that!)...


We've often just ran backwards and forwards through the sprinkler....although now Wellington City Council have told us we're only allowed to use it every other day (presumably to prevent us running out of water), it's reduced the fun factor - especially as I can never remember which day we're on!


We're so lucky to have an outdoor swimming pool next to the kids' school and we've been using it alot. I love strolling down there in the afternoon after I pick them up and watching them play with all their friends....Molly seems to spend more time lying around on the sun deck chatting with her friends than she does swimming, but every so often she takes a dip to cool off - and then goes back to the deck.


The other day Jake called me from work and said he really wanted to go for an ocean swim that evening. So I cooked us dinner, packed it into four takeaway boxes, grabbed our togs and drove down to meet him after work. We had dinner at the beach and then went for a swim - the kids thought Christmas had come again - so exciting to be taking a swim in the sea when they should really be doing homework and going to bed! ;)


And when all the visits to the beach and the pool are done with, we revert to the backyard and get the water gun out!




No comments:

Post a Comment