Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hanging Out Days

I am a very lucky lady because every Monday and every Thursday, Alfie and I have a “hanging out day”.

This means there’s no pre-school and no work, and instead we spend our days doing art, baking, reading, gymnastics lessons, going to the park, the cafe, the library and lots of other lovely things.

I usually collect a big pile of my favourite magazines at the library, while Alfie comes home with a big pile of gymnastics books and DVDs. Sometimes I even get to read a couple of pages!

Our baking repertoire is limited to Alfie’s favourite recipes though, so although I tried extremely hard today to persuade him to make the Donna Hay Spinach & Feta Filo Parcels, he just wasn’t having any of it and we ended up doing funny face cookies instead – far more fun/easy/tasty!

Alfie really looks forward to his “hanging out days”, and so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment