Friday, October 7, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

The weather this week has been truly stinky. We have been living in a raincloud.

There’s a saying here in the capital, that you “can’t beat Wellington on a good day”. It’s SO true – on a good day Wellington is one of the best places you could be in the whole world.

But when you’ve had a whole week of very bad days it’s quite easy to forget that...

So this week I’ve been concentrating on all the good things in our home. A lovely bunch of orange lilies which Jake bought me (yes, really!), a little bunch of colourful flowers I picked from the garden, a big bowl of fruit (yes this is still a novelty!) and plates of baking. I finally made the Donna Hay filo pies!

And I mustn’t forget that it’s the rain which makes our capital city so green and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment