Friday, November 9, 2012

The last couple of weeks...


Part of my job is to ghost-write a weekly newspaper column about marketing and technology, and in the process of my research for an article this week I discovered that the first message ever sent over the internet (back in the 60’s) was “LOG”. It was in fact meant to read “LOGIN” but the computer system crashed before it was completed.

This really summed things up for me about working in my field as an online marketer, as I had just lost a whole section of a really important report I’d been writing when my laptop decided it didn’t really like working so hard and shut down. Grrrr! I was grateful that the sun was shining so I put things on hold and went for a big run to de-stress. (OK, it was actually only a 31 minute walk-run but a "big run" sounds so much better!) 

The last couple of weeks have involved a lot of very hard work by me and my laptop, and some late nights. 
But they’ve been a good couple of weeks, full of sunshine and happy times with the kids as well. The good weather means the car’s been left in the garage a lot and the scooters are being put to good use...


After school we’ve had lots of time relaxing in the garden (and sometimes not so relaxing). And on our “hanging out days” Alfie and I have enjoyed several lazy morning take-out coffees/fluffies in the park followed by a bit of pottering about in the stream getting muddy.



Alfie’s started tennis lessons this term and I must say he seems to be extremely good at it, he's a sporty little thing. A small class of just three boys means he gets plenty of attention from the coach and plenty of turns hitting the ball. 



Molly continues to practice dancing all the time, everywhere she goes. She's happy but is starting to get that "end of the school year syndrome" where she's extremely tired and is definitely in need of the long summer holidays (only 6 weeks to go now).  

Oh – and she's also made herself some pretend boobs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment